Monday, January 6, 2014

On To The Next Project

Well, the craziness that is the holiday season is behind us. That means it's time to start thinking about what comes next.  The easel build for Woodworkers Fighting Cancer was a success, both for me, and for Cancer Care which ended up with donations totaling over $11,000.  Thanks again go out to Marc Spagnuolo- the Wood Whisperer, Steve Ramsey at Woodworking For Mere Mortals, and all the sponsors who made it possible to do so much good.

Enough with the past, on to the future.  I'm not big on making resolutions, but I have set a woodworking goal for myself for 2014.  I fully intend to begin work on my first Windsor chair project. It's been a dream of mine for quite a while.  Note that I intend to begin work on it, no promises on a finished project by year's end.  We will see what happens.

For the more immediate future, I plan to enter a Craftsman style end table into a contest being put on by Woodworkers Source.  I hammered out the basic design already, so I should be able to start milling lumber soon.  The table will be another cherry piece, as I still have several board feet hoarded in the rafters of my shop.  Even though most people associate Craftsman style with quartersawn oak, cherry was also used extensively.

I am hoping to be able to blog about this build, as it will be the first project of my own design.  The deadline for the build is March 1, so that should give me plenty of time.  Here's the Sketchup of the table.  Any suggestions or criticisms are welcome, as saw hasn't yet met wood.  Just be kind since my Sketchup skills are lacking.

As always, thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings.  Don't forget to follow me on Facebook, Follow me on Twitter @cnyredneck, and/or add me on Google+.

No comments:

Post a Comment