Tuesday, July 30, 2013

More important than woodworking

Usually my posts talk about woodworking, what project I'm working on, a technique I used, designing my next project.  There are, of course some things which are much more important in life than what finish to use on a jewelry chest.

In January 2012, Nikki Ormsby was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer.  Her dad, Scott Allen is a friend of mine.  As you might have guessed, the news of Nikki's illness devastated family and friends.  After having been closely involved with battles against cancer several times in my own life, some on the losing side, when I hear about someone needing help in his/ her fight, I try to do as much as I can.

As you know, there is no cure for cancer right now.  It can be beaten, though.  My mom is still living after having been through two bouts with lung cancer.  It isn't easy to beat, though, and certainly not cheap.  Having said that, I want to ask for your help.  If you're able, Nikki needs donations to continue her fight.  If she doesn't raise the money to continue treatment, the prognosis is...well not good.  Here's a link to a fund raising page: http://www.gofundme.com/22ihps.  All donated funds will go directly to Nikki and her family.  If you are unable to help out financially, you can still help by spreading the word about Nikki's fight.  Post the link to Facebook, get on Twitter and tweet it, use any means possible to get Nikki the help she needs.  There is more information on Nikki's page.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment